15 February, 2007

Oh, Look! A Comment That Motivates Me

So I dragged myself downstairs to check my email this morning, and found a new comment on a post that I wrote over a year ago.

Here is the comment:

Little miss white trash, stop over analyzing everything. If you don't like the book, you don't have to waist hours of your "life" criticizing good literature. Have you written an award winning novel? no? I didn't think so, you probably don't even know what a geisha is. I am of Japanese heritage and would like to award you with the title of inane wannabe who has to criticize other people's work to feel good about herself. Omedetou bakka~ you're now officially retarded. =D


Obviously this person thought far more of Memoirs Of A Geisha than I did.

I have to say that I sure am extra-driven to get at least one of my books finished. I hate to admit it, but there would be something so satisfying to respond to comments like this with "well, yes, I HAVE written an award-winning novel." How petty and small is that? Of course it's not as petty and small as calling someone a racist name in order to make your point.

10 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, February 15, 2007, Blogger melusina said...

But there is always the irony of someone who writes waist instead of waste giving out the "official" retard awards.

That comment is at the very least amusing.

You should definitely finish your book, because I have a feeling I will like it, and I need something new to read.

 
At 12:48 PM, February 15, 2007, Blogger dolphin said...

Even if you write 100 award-winning novels, I don't you should "waist" your time responding to a comment like that.

 
At 1:23 PM, February 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I quite liked Memoirs of a Geisha, but LMAO@ someone of "Japanese heritage" thinking that book was even remotely accurate, or true.

 
At 1:50 PM, February 15, 2007, Blogger Malia said...

What a waist of good Internet space.

(sorry, had to get my own pun in while I could!)

 
At 1:57 PM, February 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Memoirs of a Geisha win an award? For what, for heaven's sake? Best book to be made into a movie in which Gong Li is the only actor worth watching?

 
At 3:39 PM, February 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

inane wannabe?

He was awesome in Sixteen Candles and Gung Ho.

 
At 5:23 PM, February 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't a white guy from Chattanooga write Memoirs of a Geisha?

 
At 5:56 PM, February 15, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Totally random, but, ask Mr. Smiff sometime about his trip to a Geisha House.

 
At 1:36 PM, February 16, 2007, Blogger Chance said...

I used to call people names who disagreed with me concerning books, movies, etc... Then I turned 12.

 
At 9:54 AM, February 18, 2007, Blogger Exador said...

Sarcastro,

"Inane wannabe" is that hot, green stuff, isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home