15 March, 2007

Chachi Obama

This post by The Kleinheider was my tipping point.

(Please pardon my use of the phrase 'tipping point'.)

It has nothing to do with Kleinheider himself and everything to do with the fact that I am sick to death of the fanboy love from all quarters for Obama. People talk about him as though he were either Tiger Woods or Secretariat. Can he win? Is he too black? Is he not black enough? Is he too handsome?

Obama is proof that political wonkery is being taken over by the same people who think Anna Nicole's burial is "news". We seldom hear what Obama has to say on this or that issue. Instead it's all about drooling over his qualities and handicapping him for the race.

ugh. I don't know that I can take 15 months of this.

3 Comments:

At 5:22 PM, March 15, 2007, Blogger Slartibartfast said...

I've said it before:

This fixation with Obama, at this point, is like teenage infatuation. There are many people who have fallen in love with the "idea" of Obama.

An you're right, it's going to be a long 15 months.

 
At 9:26 AM, March 16, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I'm worn out already with the point-and-stare "coverage" and his lack of willingness to say, "STOP IT. THAT'S NOT NEWS. THESE ARE THE THINGS TO FIX." The piece in Harper's magazine a few months ago, "Obama Inc.," made me sad, because I too was hoping for someone with fresh ideas and maverick abilities who could make a difference. More than criticizing Obama, though, it points out how we've sat by and allowed our beautiful, noisy, raucous republic to be corrupted into the oligarchy it's become.

And now y'all know why I can't watch the news anymore.

 
At 8:50 AM, October 18, 2023, Anonymous I Will Be Healthy said...

Helloo mate great blog post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home