10 March, 2007

Something(s) Interesting

Well, since B. wants everyone to blog about something interesting and I mostly write about my own life, I guess we're all outta luck.

But there are a few quasi-interesting things I've experienced in the last 24 hours:

-->Apparently all of Hermitage has PMS today, because they were all in front of me in the McDonald's line. Who knew? And really, is there anything better for easing you through the pains of PMS than a Big Mac, fries and McDonald's coke? No. There isn't.

-->Many of the people who decided to see the 2:15 Imax showing of 300 yesterday are not fans of bathing. Did I mention this was a full theater? Seriously, if a bomb had gone off in there, it would have destroyed the next three earnings quarters at The Great Escape. But there would be plenty of people inheriting their children's comic book & action figure collections. They could use the money to pay for the basement remodelling. And yes, I was there too. What of it? I'm a big nerd, too. But I'm making fun of the other nerds who smelled funny. And sat around me. Apparently "dirty hippies" are now "dirty nerdies".

-->Speaking of bathing...I will never own a Pampered Chef Stoneware piece. Ever. If I get one as a gift I will regift it. I have a rule about dishes, and my rule is this: if it requires more intensive cleaning than my own butt, I have no desire to own it. I want only dishes that can be swished through with water and plunked butt-up in the dishwasher.

-->I have come to believe that Circus Peanuts are a confectionary metaphor for life. Think about it. They teeter in that brink between good and bad, bitter and sweet, soft and hard. The longer they're around, the harder they get and the more bitter they taste. But if you mix a stale Circus Peanut with grape soda you get this interesting fizzy softness that's really kinda cool. Just like life. So much of life can be cured with grape soda.

5 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, March 10, 2007, Blogger Amy said...

I TOTALLY agree about the stoneware! most people I know rave about those pieces...but I am not a fan. we have the pizza stone--not only do I not notice it cooking pizza spectacularly, but it's annoying to clean. thought I was the only one who felt that way!

 
At 10:24 PM, March 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love my round stone. I like all my stone stuff, actually. My lasagna comes out better in the square baking thing than in the regular stuff. A hotdog cooked on a stone is very good.They're not really hard to clean...hot water and scrape. It's no more work than scraping a plate off to put in the dishwasher, although I barely do anything to my dishes before they go into the dishwasher. I do loves my stones though.

 
At 3:10 PM, March 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, if a bomb had gone off in there, it would have destroyed the next three earnings quarters at The Great Escape.
Hahahahahahahaha. Hahahahahaha.

 
At 10:14 AM, March 12, 2007, Blogger Malia said...

is there anything better for easing you through the pains of PMS than a Big Mac, fries and McDonald's coke?

Um, yes, it's called chocolate!

For the past several months I've experienced this inquenchable desire to have a donut on the very first day of my period. So weird. But of course my favorite donut place is an almost 20 minute drive from my house so lately Publix and Kroger donuts have had to do.

 
At 1:11 PM, March 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, I think cleaning the stoneware is easier than cleaning teflon pots and pans and good knives. You have to handwash those, stoneware you just have to rinse under hot water and scrape, lol.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home