29 June, 2005

And Each Man Fixed His Eyes Before His Feet

I didn't watch the speech last night. I figured the blogosphere will just tell me what to think about this difficult issue regardless.

Gosh. Geopolitics must be easy when you are a songwriter. Or a journalist at an alternative 'zine.

GWB is not my favourite President by a long shot, but I did vote for him twice because he seemed to grasp the importance of vigilance. I haven't agreed with many decisions he's made recently, but I'm not gloating over the drop in his poll numbers either.

Should we leave Iraq? Yes. When? I don't know, but I certainly don't think we should tell the world in advance. That's taping the world's largest "kick me" sign on the backs of the newly-freed Iraqis.

1 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, June 30, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, we should totally not tell anyone when we're leaving, but I don't think it will be anytime soon.

McLaughlin Group is getting on my nerves. I think it's because I'm siding more with Mort Zuckerman than Elanor Clift.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home