30 July, 2005

Are We Finally Seeing BounceBack from Mega Churchitis?

I am a member of a good-sized church that I love. My favourite thing about it is that it preaches the Word and teaches the Word and lives the Word. You can't buy Starbucks in the narthex and you can't swim laps in the baptistry.

I am increasingly puzzled and troubled by many aspects of the Mega Churches, and even more troubled by pastors of smaller congregations who attempt to remake their corporate worship traditions and facilities in an effort to draw more contributing attenders.

It sounds, from this and this, as though I'm not the only one.

1 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, July 30, 2005, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

I have to admit, I tend to like my churches non-mega sized. I prefer a medium sized church..where you have enough to offer a vareity of ministries that the congregation can plug into and you can still know if someone is a visitor so you can say howdy. I don't connect well with so huge you get lost in the shuffle and so small that everyone is dong everything all the time....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home