19 July, 2005

Mahalia

Those who know me well know that my love for Mahalia Jackson is almost boundless. Although Tim has forbidden me from naming our daughter Mahalia, I still think it would be a great idea.

This past week we watched the Gaither Tribute to Mahalia Jackson. It was very well done, even though they didn't perform my favourite Mahalia song.

All of this to say that it was extremely moving to hear If I Could Hear My Mother Pray Again with my mother in the room. I definitely appreciated that experience.


There are many versions of the song on iTunes, but the best three are Mahalia (of course), Lynda Randle and Mavis Staples.

Good way to spend 99 cents. Especially if you'll be spending time with your mother in the near future...

ETA:Better link for If I Could Hear

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, July 20, 2005, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Hey...I'm responding to your comment on my blog here. The indoor cycling class was taught by a sub Monday night...and I cannot for the life of me remember her name right now. I think it was April, but I can't be 100% sure....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home