22 September, 2005

Which Creepy 70s Vocalist Chick WAS It?

I got a phone call this morning which proved conclusively that I am stuck on stupid.

I really believed that the music in last night's 23rd episode of foreplay was sung by the evercreepy skeleton of Karen Carpenter.

However, that man who knows women was just sure and certain that the lushness of vocals and instrumentation could only come from Mama Cass.
Ever eager to be proven wrong, I set aside my duties (hee. I said duty...) to find out the answer. Lo and behold, UseNet agrees wholeheartedly with dear Sarcastro. Since I make it a point to never doubt UseNet in any pop culture matters, I humbly admit that I was wrong. While Karen did perform the song, last night's version is not her. Also, Tom Cruise and Jodi Foster are both gay.

Okay, Tom. Fine. Cass is not creepy. The song is creepy, but I know you luuurv Cass Elliot beyond belief, so I will not hate on Cass. But you owe me.

4 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, September 22, 2005, Blogger John H said...

How can anybody go negative on The Mamas and Papas. Individually they may have made a mess or two, and Mama Cass did have the choking deal, but good grief, those songs and harmonies are sublime!

 
At 11:39 AM, September 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If Cass had only shared that sandwich with Karen, they would both be alive today.

 
At 11:48 AM, September 22, 2005, Blogger John H said...

LoL re the Sarcastro comment.

I always thought that Karen and her brother were a LITTTTTTTLe too close, ifyouknowwhatimean.

great how she came back to life and starred in the Ally McBeal show though!

 
At 2:14 PM, September 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or do those pictures look like Mindy (w/o Mork), and that grrrrl from Wilson Phillips?

Jason

 

Post a Comment

<< Home