15 September, 2005

Deep Thoughts II: The iTunes Soundtracks Edition

Elijah Wood's playlist tries very hard to be not very very gay but it still has a David Bowie cover. I'm not convinced.

Who's bright idea was it to let Madonna sing on the Evita soundtrack? She has no range. No sir. Not the real range the role requires. Who knew that it was possible to rewrite all the songs to her 5-note vocal capacity. Meow!

I wanna see Elizabethtown, just because of the soundtrack. By the way, Cameron Crowe and Orlando Bloom will be in Franklin on Sunday at 1pm. Mr. Roboto has the facts.

The entire Team America: World Police album appears to be one long bleep.

Who is responsible for Will Ferrell? Does anyone have a contact number for this person? Time to put on the brakes, buddy.

Adelaide's Lament from Guys & Dolls is still one of the best songs around.

Look at Me, I'm Sandra Dee from Grease always makes me sad. They're such nasty beasts to poor Sandra Dee. She was really good in Gidget

Oh yeah. I just remembered, because I was looking at the Godspell soundtrack..Patrick, what was that reference in Ezekiel again?

If I were a "big spender" I wouldn't want to hang out with someone who kept throwing it in my face.

Show up outside my house playing Peter Gabriel and I'll shoot the boombox out of your hands.

Howie Mandel is...
A) Still alive
B) Bald with a soul patch
C) on iTunes with a Celebrity playlist. [Does 'celebrity' not mean what I think it means?]
D) quoted as saying "When I hear these words it's like he's living my life." About 50 Cent. Yeah, those two are blood. No doubt about it. Fitty an' Howie. Bald Howie. Is that why he shaved his head? Couldn't he just get an electric car or be a talking car or something to do with a car like every other St. Elsewhere refugee? Even David Morse drove a cab for awhile.

10 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, September 16, 2005, Blogger John H said...

Are you entering some kind of Larry King phase of your writing career with these deep thought columns? (c;

I promise I'll never bring P. Gabriel near your house lest you loose the hounds or buckshot, but I really think that 'Say Anything' is a good movie. The great Cusack bro/sis combo and John Mahoney are in fine form. Ione Skye is ok, but Lili Taylor pretty much steals the movie for me, along with the fabulous Bebe Neuwirth in a great leggy cameo.

 
At 3:14 AM, September 16, 2005, Blogger Sharon Cobb said...

Okay. Which one of us is driving when we go to Franklin this Sunday? What time are we going?

 
At 7:11 AM, September 16, 2005, Blogger P. K. Nail said...

Ez. 23:20

 
At 10:27 AM, September 16, 2005, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Doesn't Howie Mandel have a new show on some cable network?

 
At 10:42 AM, September 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would pay top dollar to see 50 Cent inflate a surgical glove stretched over his head using only nostril power.

 
At 10:47 AM, September 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read somewhere that Howie suffers from extreme germophobia. He's even said (IIRC) that this is the cause of some of his funny/weird behavior. I'm encouraged that someone can have a serious problem like this but have the presence of mind to recognize it.

Makes me wonder if he has those surgical gloves around for some other reason...

 
At 10:57 AM, September 16, 2005, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Love the movie "Say Anything". Just don't dig on Peter Gabriel.

I didn't even realize Larry King wrote like this until Fritz said something yesterday. I'm just wanting to put stuff up there but not feeling the power of full narrative these last couple days. Journaling exercises, short format.

Sharon, I'd dearly love to go to Franklin, but Mother In Law would not approve.

Michael...Howie Mandel has a show? I will only watch if it involves a car.

 
At 11:30 AM, September 16, 2005, Blogger Raizor's Edge said...

RE: Howie Mandell is...on iTunes with a Celebrity playlist. [Does 'celebrity' not mean what I think it means?]

Do you think it's time to create a celebrity "C" list for people like Howie?

 
At 4:26 PM, September 16, 2005, Blogger Patrick said...

The dirtiest verse in the Bible:
Ezekiel 23:20 (warning: R-rated link)

NIV for full effect.

 
At 4:28 PM, September 16, 2005, Blogger Patrick said...

And gee, the HCSB does pretty well too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home