28 October, 2005

937 Words

That's the final tally of today's book writing. Slightly under my goal of 1,000. I think I'd make more progress if I didn't unwrite more than I write. I am happier with what I write on a more regular basis. At least we're well past "A dark and stormy night."

I know there are a few other writers who ping into here from time to time. You may be interested in a new bloglisting I've linked in the sidebar. No. Not Celebrity Scientologist Blog. That's for everyone. Author's Blogs is a place for both aspiring and published authors to link their blogs, and a place for everyone to read about the path to publishing from all points of view. It is not for people who's only writing work is on their blog, but it is for those ( Huck, this means you) who are working on a book, are writing query letters for their book or are stumping for their book.

Check it out. It's fun.

7 Comments:

At 5:07 AM, October 28, 2005, Blogger Captain Berk said...

I am going to write a book about my adventures in space.

It will be called

"Adventures in Space book"

Everyone will want it.

yes.

 
At 7:45 AM, October 28, 2005, Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

Are you writing one of those vampire books now that Anne Rice has left a big void in the market?

I hate vampire books, but I would give yours a chance, Katherine.

 
At 10:46 AM, October 28, 2005, Blogger Kat Coble said...

I am indeed NOT writing a vampire book. Nashville's own Sherrilyn Kenyon has that territory well and truly covered

 
At 10:51 AM, October 28, 2005, Blogger Patrick said...

Can we write the remaining 63 words for you?

When she returned, she found the samples stolen. Knowing that certain doom was imminent, she leapt into action. She practically gave herself a concussion slapping her Nextel to her ear.

"Michael, come now!"

He raced through the dark of night, ignoring stop signs as if they were mile markers. On his final approach, he cut the engine and coasted to a stop.

 
At 10:54 AM, October 28, 2005, Blogger Patrick said...

Useful link for the above:
Online word count

 
At 12:07 PM, October 28, 2005, Blogger Rex L. Camino said...

A thousand words shouldn't be too difficult. Faulkner put a thousand words into some of his sentences.

 
At 12:17 PM, October 28, 2005, Blogger Kat Coble said...

It really isn't too difficult on some days. I have my 3,000 word days. But since I've got other stuffs going on right now, I've not plowed into it.

Then again, I truly hope my book is nothing like Faulkner, except in terms of reception.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home