05 November, 2005

Mickey's Fat Camp

I'm back from my blog hiatus. To keep my house from being robbed/rolled/Jehovah's Witnessed I didn't publicly announce my departure for Disney World.

But I went, I saw, I conquered. I walked miles and miles each day, stood in lines and lost a good number of pounds and inches. I didn't intend to lose weight, but you know it's a good vacation when that happens. You also know that you didn't spend as much time at the Food & Wine Festival as you had initially planned.

I'll have an in-depth trip report for all the Disney World junkies out there in a day or two. The Highlight Reel goes something like this:

1. Other people's parenting styles leave a great deal to be desired. Hint: You may have gotten to the place where you can ignore the constant screaming of Dylan/Austin/Taylor/Devon but the rest of us on the monorail haven't.

2. If you are so fat that you can't walk around Epcot or the Magic Kingdom under your own power and must rent a Rascal (TM) motorized scooter, for the love of your heart and lungs do NOT stop at every food stand for funnel cakes, Cokes and Mickey Head Ice Cream Bars. Also, kindly do not drive said motorized scooter over my foot in front of the Morocco Pavillion.

3. There is no better antidote to what ails you than a long time in the Wave Pool at Typhoon Lagoon.

4. I highly recommend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. It IS not so scary, there's a lot of candy, and you can ride all the good rides in about 45 minutes. And the fireworks rocked.

5. The person who housesat for me did an excellent job. I got home to two happy dogs, a clean house (which I wasn't expecting) and --unlike last year--didn't have to take a stressed-out Bernese Mountain Dog to the emergency vet to treat stress diarrhea. I highly recommend having an in-home pet sitter if your dogs are as spoiled integral to the family as mine are.

6. I'm so glad to be back. And if you've installed the newest quicktime on your iMac, it can screw up your videocard, so install the update.

7 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, November 05, 2005, Blogger John H said...

welcome back. I've missed ya.

 
At 1:24 AM, November 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto! I didn't get my CobleFix. Glad you're back.

Jason

 
At 3:32 AM, November 06, 2005, Blogger Sharon Cobb said...

Welcome home. I missed the best writer in the blogosphere, not to mention a really neat person.

When I feel a little better, I'll have to try the Disney diet. Fun and good results! I'm there.

 
At 10:27 AM, November 06, 2005, Blogger Kat Coble said...

You are all too flattering of me. But I did miss you. I think next year I may take a laptop.

 
At 11:15 AM, November 06, 2005, Blogger Kerry Woo said...

Welcome back - I trust that you'll throw some photos up on Flickr - its been a while since I've been to Orlando - so I look forward to the recap -

 
At 9:01 PM, November 06, 2005, Blogger Lydia said...

We've missed you, too! I said last night that you were probably catching up on blogs. I can't wait to hear about Tour de Mickey 2005. I agree that next year's trip should be liveblogged. ;-) Word on the street is that the doggies were only marginally high maintenance. We'll have to fill you in on Breakfastfest and Door-a-palooza at church.

 
At 9:52 PM, November 06, 2005, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Given how high maintenance they've been since I've been back, I can't believe they were only marginally high maintenance for the dog sitter(s).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home