23 February, 2006

Just HOW Out Of Touch Is The Postal Service?

I received in the mail not one but TWO full-color flyers advertising the ease of buying stamps online.

Some things to note:

--Two? Why need I two useless ads?

--Although touting the ease of buying stamps, neither flyer actually bore a stamp. Ironic?

--The ad featured the timely comic strip Cathy. Lest you fear that our grande dame has entirely sold out, worry not! She still has her famous "anxiety sweat droplets", viewable in Panel Two.


I anxiously await the 5 circulars that will come next month, no doubt featuring a pantsless Ziggy.

3 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, February 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Useless, yeah, but look on the bright side: the US Supreme Court says you can sue them if you slip and fall on those shiny, slippery flyers.

 
At 6:40 PM, February 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got the Cathy one today.

At work yesterday, we got one with Dilbert on it.

I dislike both characters and now have no desire to ever correspond by post.

 
At 8:11 PM, February 23, 2006, Blogger Glen said...

I got that yesterday. I was like "what the...."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home