For those of you who knew about it, my surgery went well yesterday.
For those of you who didn't know about it, I had an unplanned kidney stone surgery yesterday. It was the "stone zapping" ESWL surgery.
1. This is not as pain-free as they make it sound.
2. I told 9 different people where I hurt.
3. I spelled my last name and gave my date of birth 11 times.
4. They put the IV in wrong, and I now have a lump the size of an egg at my left elbow.
5. Morphine burns when it goes in wrong.
6. My Anesthesiologist's name was--NO JOKE---Dr. Paralis. I found this extremely funny.
7. Never go to the ER on Sunday.
8. Apparently a lot of people get in bar fights on Saturday night.
9. Apparently a lot of meth lab accidents happen on Saturday night.
10. It's so nice when the stone shows up on the CAT scan, because the nurses stop treating you like a junkie and start treating you like someone with a kidney stone.
11. This is my 36th kidney stone in 9 years. This is only the 5th time I've been hospitalized for a stone.