01 April, 2006

Don't Call Us, We'll Call You

Because, actually, you can't call us right now. Vonagepalozza continues. BellSouth finally did everything they have to do to release the number. Vonage hasn't done everything they need to do to activate the number. So, we can make outbound calls to our hearts' content, but anyone who calls us gets this:

ding ding ding...We're sorry, but the number you are trying to reach has been disconnected or is no longer in service. beep beep beep NS20

So to all of those business people who are trying to call us for business reasons, please understand that we are responsible people who are not in the habit of getting our phone disconnected. We are merely having problems with our Vonage transfer that exceed all reasonable limits of patience-testing.

To all of those friends and family that just want to call and chat, please understand that we want desperately to talk to you, but be forwarned that you will probably get an earful of whining about the whole Vonage debacle.

Needless to say that despite the countless people who have had no trouble, we are at the moment finding ourselves unable to recommend Vonage to all but our worst enemies. So, D_____ R_______, can I interest you in signing up for Vonage?! You'll be glad you did!

6 Comments:

At 9:25 AM, April 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We LOVE vonage. Have had it for almost two years now. Everyone I know (other than you) has had a GREAT experience with them. We are saving about $70 a month (between long distance charges, international calls, etc). We even have a virtual number so that Steve's family in ENGLAND can call us and its a local call for them. Like I said ... We LOVE vonage.

Sorry yours isn't going so well!! :( That stinks!

~ Lacy

 
At 10:12 AM, April 01, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you guys paying for a business package from Vonage? How much are you paying?

 
At 10:26 AM, April 01, 2006, Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

Oh, man, that royally sucks. If it makes you feel any better, I'm totally the sort of irresponsible person that gets her phone cut off all the time. Well, my cell phone anyway, my home phone's never been cut off.

 
At 10:47 AM, April 01, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Everyone I know (other than you)

You'd be surprised how many sentences addressed to me start out that way...

I AM fully prepared to love it, once all this bruhaha is over with. But right now, like many teenage girls, Vonage is confusing "love" with "screwing". At least that's how it feels.

Are you guys paying for a business package from Vonage?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we are. It's something like $50 with all the features (fax line, etc.) But Tim set it up (see below for why) so I'm not 100% certain.

I'm totally the sort of irresponsible person that gets her phone cut off all the time.

I've had my phone shut off a fair few number of times. It was kind of the running theme of my twenties. It was also why we decided to let Tim be in charge of paying the bills. I'm absent minded enough to forget stamps on envelopes, checks IN envelopes, etc.

I think maybe that's why this bothers me so much. It reminds me of those dark days.

 
At 1:06 PM, April 01, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

I've always wondered...exactly what is an "NS20"?

 
At 1:19 PM, April 01, 2006, Blogger Kerry Woo said...

Have you tried Skype or GoogleTalk? I use either all the time for overseas calls and Cingular with the wireless data plan on my Treo650 for cell calls and emails.

Standard for corrective action process (NS20)

(tech speak for didn't pay your bill)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home