15 April, 2006

With Apologies To Morgan Spurlock

Today was the day. The day that happens, by my reckoning, once every 8 or 10 weeks. Today was the day that my hormones combined with my allergy medicine, my bank account and my insomnia. When this happens I hear a voice in my head that screams "FEED ME A BIG MAC, FRIES AND A CHOCOLATE SHAKE."

Now, I know that just last week I wrote about fat people (I'm one) and how their eating habits are their own business. My eating habits have been pretty good, overall. In my normal waking life I've reached an age where fast food holds about the same appeal as Bubble Tape and Lik-Em-Aid Fun Dip, that is to say "none". But on these rare occasions I can't be stopped. I must have that one particular food combination.

So I did. And I'm happy.

4 Comments:

At 3:32 PM, April 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amanda and I both share the sentimental attachment to one single McDonald's cheeseburger, owing to both growing up in households where that was a Big Treat.

A Big Mac is pretty damn good, too, though.

 
At 1:34 PM, April 16, 2006, Blogger bridgett said...

Must have been something going around. I got my annual craving for McDonald's fries on Thursday and since I'm an adult, I satisfied that harmless urge forthwith. Now that you mention it, I probably should have had a chocolate shake too.

 
At 11:01 PM, April 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chocolate shakes? What is up with people?! Vanilla is the only way to go.

 
At 9:09 AM, April 18, 2006, Blogger Amy said...

shame on you for knocking Fun Dip, I LOVE that stuff!

now you're making me crave Mickey-D's (though my poison of choice is a quarter pounder with cheese, ketchup only...and I'll pass on the shake)...DOUBLE shame on you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home