11 May, 2006

Quit Spamming My Snail Mail, Bob Corker

At least once a week I get a fancy piece of 4/C glossy-finish two-sided card stock or 80lb flyer from Bob Corker in the mail. Working in the printing industry as I sometimes do, I can attest that such goodies run in the money.

Here's the thing, Mr. Corker. While I think it's really sweet that you met your wife on a blind date and that your lovely family has a lovely house in front of which you take lovely photos, these expensive pieces of junk mail make me much less likely to vote for you?

Why?

Because they tell me that you don't care about watching your money. They tell me that you will spend as much as you can to get what you want. They tell me that you maybe don't care so much about the environment, because you KNOW I'm not tacking every one of these well-designed collateral materials to the fridge. They are being roundfiled.

In case you hadn't guessed, I'm not looking for another spendthrift in the government.

3 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, May 11, 2006, Blogger Newscoma said...

I hate direct mail.
Of course I work at a newspaper and its the evil enemy.

 
At 6:35 AM, May 12, 2006, Blogger John said...

My pet peeve are the recorded messages some candidates are using. Your phone rings, and it's a recorded message from a candidate. Even here in Shelbyville, we had at least one candidate for county-wide office using this method, and even though I have a lot of respect for the candidate, that method infuriates me.

 
At 12:37 PM, May 12, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

We got both of those flyers as well. One last week and one this week. The second one came while David was out of town. It was still on the counter last night when he got home and he asked if it was the one from before or a new one. I told him it was a new one and he just kind of shook his head. I'm sure he was probably thinking they same thing you were!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home