20 July, 2006

Odds and Odders

--Finished watching The Wire Season 1 last night. Now I need to get my hands on Seasons 2 & 3 as soon as possible. I crave it bad. Poor McNulty put adrift like a post-menopausal Inuit woman.

--Did you ever read something that you just knew was dictated by another person? Like a letter that was supposedly from your sister, but had your mom's turns of phrase all over it? I've had that experience a lot lately with different blogs that I read here and there. It's like the blogger is posting stuff to his or her site, but you know they're just doing so at the urging of someone else behind the scenes. It makes me uncomfortable. I feel like I know a lot of these voices, and I can't quite figure out the reasoning behind the ventriloquism. Why write something at someone else's urging? Blogs have established a pretty good conversation nationwide (I don't read that many international blogs), so just start your own if you have something to say. I don't like it when people sneakily force other people to do their dirty-writing for them.

--In all the conversation yesterday at Feline Little Britches about The Very Evil That Threatens To Destroy The Fabric Of Our Society, it came up that dogs are red-green colourblind. Man, Christmas must suck for them. I do know that one of the colours that dogs CAN see is blue. Because I've got two blue blankets, a blue pillow and a blue couch that my dogs have adopted as their own. I think blue must shine for them like diamonds.

--Wouldn't it be funny if Bob Corker accepted campaign donations from Pit Bulls? Cause then I'd know for sure who I'm supposed to hate.

--I've been struggling with my Welsh book of late. Trying to tie up plot lines, etc. So imagine my glee when my daily cartoon fix tackled the same issue. It's awful when a cartoonist is inhabiting your head.

2 Comments:

At 3:48 PM, July 20, 2006, Blogger Aunt B said...

Hurrah! You're hooked on The Wire! I can't tell you how much that tickles me.

My goal has been to get everyone I know to watch it. I had no idea I could even aspire to making people post on things.

But now? Kat, you will post on how people should regularly take me to lunch. You WILL post on how people should regularly take me to lunch. You will POST on how people should regularly take me to lunch.

Okay.

On the count of three, you will forget I ever posted this comment.

1...2...3

 
At 3:58 PM, July 20, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Sadly, yes. I am hooked on that show. So badly that I'm tempted to ask Tim to watch it with me. Over again, from the beginning.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home