16 November, 2006

Things I Miss About Other Jobs I've Had

:: Contract negotiations for artwork. I loved working with artists and walking them through the legalese. I loved rewriting passages that didn't work for the specific contract situation. I loved keeping track of all the royalties we owed and when they were due.

:: Database management. I'm a spreadsheet geek and I loved working with my royalty database

:: Having a multiline phone.

:: Planning trips to Disney World for people

:: Working with airline coupons and vouchers for travel

:: Designing collateral materials for company training manuals

:: Writing catalog copy

:: Catalog pagination and layout

:: Supply rooms stocked full of office supplies

:: Negotiating deals with local printers

3 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, November 16, 2006, Blogger Newscoma said...

You planned trips to Disney World.
Did you get to go because I think that would be fun (closet Disney World Fan here.)

 
At 8:40 PM, November 16, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Have you ever been?!

I LOVE Disney World. It's about my favourite place on earth. I shouldn't get started because then I won't shut up.

I did get to go twice when I was a travel agent. The free 1-day pass was a HUGE perk!

 
At 9:54 PM, November 16, 2006, Blogger Newscoma said...

Yup.
I loved it.
I've been twice in the last ten years. When I was a grantwriter, I always picked the conferences in either Portland, OR or Orlando.
I have to admit, I'm a big Disney head and would go again without hesitation.
I bought the print of all the Disney Villans which hangs up above my desk at my current office.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home