25 November, 2006

The Things You Miss When You're A Shut-In* or Merry Christmas, Nashville

Wow.

I didn't mean to start something. Or be the Katalyst. And after the fracas 2 short weeks ago I've no desire to see yet another one perpetuated on my behalf. But, it's Christmas. And we all "know" each other even if we don't know each other. And we're almost all fed up with our families, our lack of families, financial pressure, health concerns and the blanket of blech that the holidays engender in most people.

It's easier to take out your anger on people you don't see every day. People you don't sleep with. (For the record, I'm not sleeping with either JP or Ivy.)

I often worry that Kat's becoming a shut-in...(all other evidence to the contrary -- she's one of the most out-and-about-town bloggers I know, actually), when she keeps pontificating about and becoming so emotionally involved with all these TV shows...

First off, this remark didn't hurt my feelings. JP is most likely not aware of the reason I watch so much tv. Why would he be?
Second off, I've intentionally been writing about TV--just like I did last year--instead of other things. I'm stressed out about politics, I don't feel like opening up the more private parts of my life on the Internet right now and TV is a safe topic that most people can relate to. I'm not a shut-in. I'm just wisely protecting the thoughts and feelings I believe need to be protected during what is traditionally a difficult time for me and scores of other people.

You,[JP] on the other hand, go after Kat for the most peurile reasons.

To my mind JP is kind of like a puppy. He's got two moods. When he's in a good mood, he seems to like to play by jumping up and down, barking a lot and occasionally nipping with milk-teeth. When he's in a bad mood, he likes to bite a little harder and becomes troll-ish. I try to sense his moods. I get along okay with happy-puppy JP and try to ignore snarly JP.

I've always though Kat was adult enough to "play rough," as she has with me, and others. I treat her no differently than I would anyone else who does likewise. I like Kat, too, and I'm sorry if you or she don't understand or perceive that.

Likewise, some days I'm in the mood to "play rough", and some days I'm not. On the "not" days, I write about television. Or cake. Or knitting. Or Harry Potter. A man who keeps a blog chiefly about a cat should be able to relate to that, I think. I never thought for one minute that you didn't like me, JP. Quite the contrary. If you didn't like me, I doubt I'd draw so much of your playfulness.

At 9:16 AM, ntodd said...
This has got to be the stupidest pissing match I've ever seen in the blogosphere. Ever. Maybe Nashville should stop talking.


nTodd, this is a community. Some members of whom (like me) are libertarians. Good luck telling us to stop talking. We'll always talk. Sometimes we'll fight. That's how communities do.

For the record, there are few things I hate worse than someone coming into an already-going discussion, declaring the discussion stupid or embarassing and then passing judgment on those already involved in the forth-and-back. To outsiders many discussions appear stupid or unnecessary. But all discussions are part of the community and need to take place if members of the community deem it necessary.

This is Christmas. This is a community. Stuff like this happens. We roll with it and move on.

Thanks, by the way, to Ivy for being moved to stick up for me. That was a nice thing.

5 Comments:

At 2:18 PM, November 25, 2006, Blogger Pen Ultimate said...

I thought she misunderstood me, and tried to attribute motives to my actions that she couldn't possibly have derived out of what I've written, in a nutshell. But, I don't hold that agin' 'er -- she just got a bit overwought over a misunderstanding, IMO (one which I partially brought upon myself, by hijacking NiT.com yesterday afternoon to ask for help; it didn't help, and was a glorious mistake on my part, of course).

I always suspected you knew I was just teasin' ya, even when I mean what I say. Ain't nothin' personal intended about any of it, I DO hope you know... you're another one in the community I hope to meet soon.
.

 
At 2:47 PM, November 25, 2006, Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

To Jeffraham: I'm actually about to apologize later, as soon as I can convince my other cat Spike to come out of hiding so I can take a picture of him.

Kat: That's probably the fastest way to make me mad, mess with my friends. Last night was the last straw, but I woke up this morning, over it. Go figure.

 
At 3:19 PM, November 25, 2006, Blogger John H said...

can't we all just get along, or in the words of 'Say Uncle', can't we all just get a long gun?

You rock, Kat. Jeff reminds me of Michael Keaton in that movie where he clones himself..(hey, I like Michael Keaton)..you might be getting version 1 or 2.

Ivy..you know how I feel about you. I really don't think that Jeff was about being as mean as you interpreted..but then again..i could be full of it. Don't need to speak for others.

 
At 3:26 PM, November 25, 2006, Blogger Pen Ultimate said...

Ivy -- It's okay; I ain't sore about it. ;) S'cool.

It's kinda tough to "get a read" on strangers, via 'net-distance, sometimes... I, too, often jump the gun on folx I don't know. It happens to everybody on these here Innertubes.
.

 
At 8:35 AM, November 26, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

I think you found your new name...Katalyst!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home