04 December, 2006

Happy Duodecember

It always freaks me out that the Latin numerations of these fall months are off. This should be the tenth month, by all reckoning. It further freaks me out that the only months where the nomenclature truly bothers me are September and December. I don't care in October and November.

I also realise that perhaps writing blog entries while fully medicated is not always the best of ideas because you spend full paragraphs nattering about Latin.

My throat now hurts so badly that I feel like using one of those write'n wipe slates for all my communication needs. That's what's so great about blogging. I'm a huge talker and only in the Blog World can I babble as freely when I've lost my voice. Actually, that's not true. I haven't lost my voice. It's there, but every word I speak feels like sandpaper rubbing against that little hangy-down thing at the back of my throat. Uvula?

Speaking of Vulvae (which we weren't, but Uvula is a word I get confused with Vulva) Aunt B. has written the post similar to the one I was going to write about all these "celebrity crotch sightings". I tend to be more modest than most celebrities, so I don't get the whole desire to let millions of random strangers have a peek at my genitals. Heck, I hate going to the gynecologist, and he's only one guy.

Speaking of going to the doctor, I have 4 days to get healthy before Christmas actually starts. So it is now a race between my immune system and the clock. Let the games begin!

4 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, December 04, 2006, Blogger dolphin said...

Take plenty of Vitamin C and drink plenty of water (have a salty snack every so often when drinking alot of water though, even slight H2O overdoses are not pleasant).

 
At 10:49 AM, December 04, 2006, Blogger Slartibartfast said...

Not speaking much is the 2nd best thing you can do (aside from dolphin's suggestions).

This is a VERY hard thing for me to do, I'm sure it is for you,too.

So, if somebody days to you, "Just shut up, Kat", don't take it the wrong way. They may just be looking out for you!

 
At 11:01 AM, December 04, 2006, Blogger Sonia said...

Load up on the vitamin C! Hope you feel better soon :)

 
At 1:28 AM, December 05, 2006, Blogger Lynnster said...

I am glad to know I'm not the only person bothered by "uvula" and "vulva", that has always bugged me. And hope you feel better soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home