12 January, 2007

The Office Discussion: Spoilers***

****SPOILERS****

Wow.

This was a fantastic episode, with the only drawback being that maybe it was a little Pam-light. That's alright. I can deal, considering the fact that we had so much goodness everywhere else.

It was really excellent seeing the sales teams actually going out and doing what they do best. I've been in a few of those meetings, and as much as people give sales staff a rough time there IS an art to it. It was a treat to see the fun side of what can be a very nerve-wracking job.

Honestly, though, after comparing the two in their sales calls, I think it's obvious that Dwight (no matter how much of an oddball he is) is very good at Sales for Dunder-Mifflin. Ed, on the other hand, is very bad at selling anything other than himself. I've met a few of these clowns, and I swear to you I so badly wanted to jump off the couch and say "That's Blankety-Blank! From my old job! That's exactly how he operated." To me there's nothing more frustrating than a coworker whose number one priority is how they can move up in the company.

I felt Dwight's pain, but now I'm feeling my own. There is NO Office without Dwight. The look of destruction on Angela's face does promise good times ahead, though.

The other gut-turner was the throw-away conversation between Phyllis and TB!K. As much as I don't care for the way TB!K has come between Jim and Pam, I felt bad for her right there. Jim's lack of forthrightness has already cost him much in the way of a relationship with Pam, and I think it may spell doom for Karen as well. She has put a lot on the line and I think he owes her at least enough honesty to fill her in on the Topic of Pam.

Everything was nicely played, including the fact that Michael wasn't allowed to run away with the show. Steve Carell's portrayal of Michael is sort of like anchovies. A little bit adds interesting flavour. Too much makes it taste terrible.

I absolutely loved the show, and if for no other reason than it has given me an excuse to call my husband "long Tim."

6 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, January 12, 2007, Blogger Glen said...

Surely they aren't going to continue the show without Dwight. Dwight is to the Office like Barney was to Andy Griffith.

 
At 11:38 AM, January 12, 2007, Blogger Rachel said...

There's no way Dwight is really gone. I loved the computer/robot scene at the beginning. It was good, but can't top my love for last night's episode of Scrubs.

 
At 3:19 PM, January 12, 2007, Blogger Patrick said...

But last night couldn't top

"So you're PMSing pretty bad, huh?"

 
At 11:16 PM, January 12, 2007, Blogger Rob Robinson said...

I don't think there's any way they'd go forward without Dwight. They know we know that, so they are just messing with the audience, if you ask me.

The PMS line was awfully funny, too. I was almost worried that Dwight was being too normal, and then he said that.

I was glad to see the sales calls, too, if for no other reason than to prove that someone in the office actually does work from time to time. :)

 
At 6:23 PM, January 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. It was a great show! I really enjoyed seeing Dwight and Jim work so well together. Dwight can't be gone for good. Ed is no replacement for Dwight. Dwight is awful and funny. Ed is so awful, he's painful to watch. I also loved Phyllis' and Karen's sales call. That was funny. At least Jim was gentlemanly enough not to tell Karen she looked atrocious! What a great episode!

On a side note, I would love it if we could see "My name is Randy," and "My name is Joy," every week!

 
At 4:08 AM, September 10, 2010, Anonymous watches said...

Dwight is to the Office like Barney was to Andy Griffith.
Surely they aren't going to continue the show without Dwight. Dwight is to the Office like Barney was to Andy Griffith.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home