08 January, 2007

Rams, Part II

Almost a year ago, I wrote a post that my mom keeps trying to get me to clean up and submit for publication. I liked it. It was a good post.

I probably should have gone back and re-read it last Thursday when everything came crashing down. Because the minute I heard that my husband's contract wouldn't be renewed I just fell under the biggest cloud of despair. (Thanks again to all of you for prayers and kindnesses.)

But if I'd been even smart enough to go back and read what I had already written once I'd have been comforted by the ghost of troubles past.

As it is I feel like a total idiot right now. I feel like one of the Israelites who witnessed all ten of the plagues, the parting of the Red Sea, the drowning of pharoah's army and STILL stands in the desert whining about bread. I mean, honestly. Oh me of little faith.

Any way, all of this to say that while I was so busy fretting about my future I was ignoring the faithfulness of God. I'm such a human dolt.

And today, as He always does, God showed me the Ram in the Thicket. I don't deserve it, but I imagine He might be getting a good laugh out of the whole thing. Apparently a family member sold some land and decided to make an equal gift to all of us with a portion of the fruits from the land sale. It's not millions of dollars but it's enough to ensure that we can keep our house payments up and pay for COBRA for a couple of months. In short, it's what we need and enough is good as a feast.

So, yes, Lord, I'll try to be better about trusting You.

6 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, January 08, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do remember that the Israelites were forgiven for moaning about manna, dontcha? Don't be so hard on yourself.

 
At 3:39 PM, January 08, 2007, Blogger Amy said...

I love it when God does stuff like this. thanks for sharing...joining you in praising Him.

 
At 5:19 PM, January 08, 2007, Blogger Slartibartfast said...

Later, I've got to tell you about my own "Ram" moment, but right now, I just want to praise God.

 
At 9:47 PM, January 08, 2007, Blogger John H said...

I'll never forget when I finally realized that the story about the Israelites and their 40 year stretch and their being blessed and rejoicing and then feeling uncared for and cursing God, rinse, lather, repeat..
that story was about us..d'oh!

I always thought..whatta buncha ingrates, maroons, blind-eyed selfish whiners...oh yeah. once again, d'oh!

Thanks for sharing this. You have certainly been in my thoughts and prayers.

 
At 8:21 AM, January 09, 2007, Blogger Jamie said...

I love that you can write posts like this and not be preachy at all.

Thanks.

Oh, and I'm thankful that you were provided for!

 
At 3:57 PM, January 09, 2007, Blogger Les Jones said...

That's awesome news, Kat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home