09 March, 2007

Things I Wouldn't Mind Living Without

>> Stories about Al Gore with the word 'inconvenient' in them; i.e. Al Gore's Inconvenient Gas Bill.

>> The lady in the Wal-Mart grocery store who tried to run me down with her cart because I wasn't walking fast enough for her.
While we're at it, would someone please clue me in as to the whereabouts of the crack dealer in the vicinity of the Hermitage Wal-Mart? I've never been in a store where so many of the patrons seem so willfully oblivious. I swear they're getting all stoked up before doing their shopping. Going there for the least little thing is like a game of Frogger.

>> The water retention which accompanies my fancy new NSAID.

>> The fact that I can't get Cellblock Tango out of my head. I love that song, and I don't want to be tired of it. But boy am I glad that I saw this on Broadway, and have memories unsullied by the presence of Renee Zellweger.

>> Letters from BellSouth begging me to come back.

>> The fact that every single couple in my Sunday School class is going through major drama of one variety or another. I'm starting to try to figure out which one of us is Jonah and should be thrown out the window. Although it's most likely me. Look out, GEC parking lot. Here I come. Pop. Six. Squish. Uh-huh. Oh, wait. Sorry. There's that song again....

>> The new guy playing Octavian on Rome. Max Pirkis was sooo much better.

5 Comments:

At 3:27 AM, March 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to express my apologies and admit my guilt on the whole "inconvenient" thing.

 
At 3:58 AM, March 09, 2007, Blogger Sharon Cobb said...

Ask your doctor to prescribe hydrochlorothiazide. Or, if you have high blood pressure, triamterene, which also has hydrochlorothiazide in it.
Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic, and the two weeks you're on it, you'll lose about 10 pounds of water weight.
I haven't noticed any ill side effects from this drug.

It's worth a shot...er, a pill.

 
At 9:04 AM, March 09, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bellsouth talks to me more now than they did when I was paying them.

 
At 10:41 AM, March 09, 2007, Blogger dolphin said...

Letters from BellSouth begging me to come back.

I get that from Verizon. I just got a letter the other day that made me laugh out loud. They were "excited" to offer me UNLIMITED calling for only $35 a month. I found that amusing since with my VOIP service I get UNLIMITED calling and call-waiting, caller-id, voicemail, 3-way calling, and so on and so foth (including features that I don't even have a use for) all for a neat little $22 a month package. Verizon is going to have to do alot better than that to make me go back to what was probably the most terrible phone service I've ever had.

 
At 8:45 AM, March 10, 2007, Blogger Glen said...

I keep getting those letters from Bellsouth also. The letters offer me a hundred bucks to come back. No way though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home