15 November, 2005

Fins In The Water On The WB

I hate to say it, but I think that the Dames de Gilmore might just be firing up the outboard and strapping on the skis. Who would have thought that with Rory aging so gracefully, they would feel the need to bring in a young, smart, wise-cracking girl to take her place?

The minute our ungainly heroine popped up in the diner with her smart mouth and stupid helmet I started to flash back to the days of Raven Symone on the Cosby Show. You know--once Rudy Huxtable lost her cute they brought in the second-string. I see many convoluted episodes of April bonding with Luke, chatting with Lorelei and making scientific wedding favours.

I am only disappointed that the writers passed up the golden opportunity. The Science Fair scene would have been peerless if he had actually said "I am your father. Luke."

5 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Lee said...

It's the Cousin Oliver syndrone. Or Chachi, take your pick.

 
At 11:21 AM, November 16, 2005, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

I dont' see any fins coming into the scene just yet....

I will give GG the benefit of the doubt for now...

 
At 12:42 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger chez bez said...

My favorite guilty pleasure is still on? I've got to blog less and watch TV more.
That is such a clever and well-written show.

 
At 6:22 PM, November 16, 2005, Blogger John H said...

I was so happy that Lorelie and Rory are back together I didn't notice any sharks to jump..

 
At 12:24 PM, November 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with ya sister! I was thinking the exact same thing! If they had to bring on an Olivia, the least they could do was attempt to make her somewhat different than Rory. I mean, she's a smart, dark haired girl. Oh, yeah, they gave her glasses!

How long are we going to have to endure a tortured Luke trying to find the right way and time to tell Lorelai after he just finished lecturing her about keeping secrets?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home