11 February, 2006

It's Time To Finish The Party We Started Three Years Ago

I don't think there has been a better comedy than Arrested Development in the last five years. Tonight's two hour swan song was perfect--all except for the finality of the last half hour.

I was going to "liveblog" it, but I realised that would probably be too pathetic. Even for me.

Highlights, off the top of my head (And yes there are Spoilers, Miss B.)

--Penus
--Franklin's T-Shirt in the first half hour: "George Bush Doesn't Understand Black Puppets"
--Franklin's arms, shrunken in the wash.
--Judge Reinhold and William Hung
--Pete Rose, sliding headfirst into second base, over and over again
--Girl Michael
--The Holy Trinity gag, and its awesome conclusion
--The Skip's Scramble celebration buffett
--The C Word

There are so many I can't list them all. But I've got the suckers TiVo'd and will be watching them over and over again.

I was sure hopeful for Showtime's resurrection pass, but the last half hour kind of seemed pretty well wrapped up. I think this may be the end. I'll have to be satisfied with never knowing what happened to Baby Buster and the Loose Seal.

3 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, February 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was hysterical as usual, but sad at the same time because it was obviously being wrapped up. I too loved Gob's program, Girl Michael, and the Bluth employees forgetting to say "away." I will never forgive Fox for ending the best show in years.

 
At 6:36 PM, February 12, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing beats the Governator watermark on the marriage license. Chad had to point that out to me.

 
At 5:53 PM, February 13, 2006, Blogger phlegmfatale said...

I didn't watch it, because I can't bear commercial television. I've been in the habit of buying the dvd at season end and watching them all in one swell foop - kinda like eating a whole bag of oreos at once. Over-rich and decadent, misery-laden and glorious. No, I've never eaten a whole bag. I'm imagining. Anyhoo. The show is brilliant - I caught a tiny bit of it in a hotel room the first season, and I knew that was for me. Surely some other network will pick it up???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home