04 February, 2006

Wherein I Throw Effort After Foolishness

Yeah. What of it? So I'm starting another blog...

It's your fault.

Here's how it happened.

So, Glen Dean starts Tangled Up In Blue, which of course I have to join. Not only because it's a group round-table blog, but really also because I'm a freak whose favourite Dylan song is...Tangled Up In Blue. (Sorry, Quinn. Your song is #2. or #3. okay....maybe number 4. Whatever. I named you after a frickin' song. Get over it.)

Anyway, so I really love Tangled Up In Blue, and meet lots of new people and a ton of new music through the conversations over there.

And then I start whinging about Babylon 5, assuming "hey, it's Friday. No one is even gonna read this." How wrong I was, because not only did Exador read it, he commented as well. Poor Exador. Allkindsof people have been after me (subtly or overtly) to join Netflix for awhile now. I have steadfastly refused, because we initially joined back in the day (we were charter members) and fell out of the habit of using it. Little did Exador know I would walk across broken glass a slightly bumpy surface to see all the Babylon 5 series in order. So, because of him I rejoined Netflix today. The first two B5 disks should be here Tuesday.

Anyway, as I'm looking through the Netflix offerings I think "boy, it'd be great to get recommendations from people." And then I think "everybody likes to talk about movies." There are some people who are fantastic, professional quality reviewers and some people who who just like to spout off about what they watch.

Either way, I think we can have another successful group metablog, and I'd like to try. So, I've started All Along The Watchtower to be the film and TV companion blog to Tangled Up In Blue.

Please, everyone who is even remotely interested, either comment in the comments or send me an email and we'll get you added. It'll be fun.

13 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, February 04, 2006, Blogger Titusina Andronica said...

Oooh, me, I'll join!

 
At 10:39 AM, February 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love to join but I don't think I'd have anything to say. I like watching movies, but don't really like commenting on them.

Still, if you need another warm body count me in.

Jason

 
At 2:55 PM, February 04, 2006, Blogger P. K. Nail said...

Ooooh, I'd love to!

 
At 3:29 PM, February 04, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

SweeeT!!!!

I already sent you an email, but I dont' have your "not work" email address.

Do I?

 
At 5:08 PM, February 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd also love to contribute. I'll follow up with an e-mail. (I can write without expletives. Really. I can.)

 
At 12:57 AM, February 06, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

jon,
We'd LOVE to have you, but I need an email to send you the setup invite.

shoot me a line at

mycropht AT excite DOT com

 
At 10:35 AM, February 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am remotely interested.

 
At 2:02 PM, February 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The jerks at Blogger won't let me register.
That means I'm out, Kat.

 
At 2:12 PM, February 06, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

They won't let you register? That's just very freakin' odd....

 
At 2:34 PM, February 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some other jerk is named Sarcastro already.

 
At 2:49 PM, February 06, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

So call yourself SaracstroOnFilm.

Who knew there were other Tick fans in the blogosphere, nay, the world.

 
At 3:01 PM, February 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You would think the damn show would still be on (excepting syndication)with all the bandwagon jumpers out there.

 
At 3:27 PM, February 06, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

But it was on Fox. The Teflon Network.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home