03 February, 2006

That Day

You don't wear pants or makeup. I play cards and watch R-rated movies. I dunk and you sprinkle. We've never seen each other. I live here. You live there. You voted for the Other guy.

But there will be That Day. We will see Him together, and I will see you and laugh with joy because you are my brother, my sister, my eternal family. We will be changed from the Old Creatures that we are, and sit at His feet in whole unbroken bodies and say "thank You for what You did." And the light from His face is the Sun and we're all at home.

2 Comments:

At 1:23 AM, February 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful

 
At 7:39 AM, February 04, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

Thanks for your comment over at my place...I pretty much knew your stance on all that since I have been reading over here at your place for a few weeks. I also realized that when I first commented on your blog, I didn't "introduce" myself. It kind of startles me when people I don't know start commenting on my blog and I have no idea who they are or how they got there. I know that's just the way it is in cyberspace but I had kind of made a rule for myself about doing that on other's blogs. Anyway, I'm Malia. I got here by way of NIT and I really like your writing. (I also go to Otter Creek with Phil.)

About this post...I love it. Such an awesome reminder of what really matters, the eternal, not the temporary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home