23 March, 2006

Shine On, Crazy and Irresponsible Diamond

I read a post on a blog just now that has my head reeling. Literally REELING. I can't link to the blog or the post, because what I'm about to say is not a good thing.

A person with whom I once had significant dealings in another context is apparently now a person of some reknown. And I for the life of me cannot believe this.

It's left me wondering what on earth is wrong with me, that this person--whom I knew to be irresponsible, dishonest and a whole host of other things--is now in a position of power while I am in a position of quietly muddling through until the Great Gig In The Sky.

I once read a letter this person wrote to someone who performed a service for that person and that person's spouse. The letter was the single most unhinged thing I've ever read in my adult life, and I'm including UseNet here. And yet this person is, believe it or not, making the news. I always assumed that X would make the news, but not in a good way. Perhaps in a "bodies in the basement" way. Not like this.

Wow.

Maybe I need to rethink my goals and strategies.

2 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, March 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Tad write a novel?

 
At 12:58 PM, March 24, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

I'm soooo curious! Who is it?? Will you e-mail me?

maliakainani at hotmail dot com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home