03 May, 2006

My Brush With Nashville Scene Greatness

Brenda Rickman VanTrease is profiled in the Scene this week.

Who is she? Well, she's the lady who wrote The Illuminator. And she goes to my church.

Back when I was in Weight Watchers I would faithfully devour the "Success Stories". Now that I'm writing, I faithfully devour the "Got Published" stories. Brenda's is one of my favourites for a lot of reasons--she published her first novel while in her later 50s and she doesn't live in New York City and she didn't graduate from Smith or Barnard or Brown.

In short, Brenda Rickman VanTrease helps me realise that Baptist women from Nashville can get a book written and published.

1 Comments:

At 11:01 AM, May 04, 2006, Blogger Sharon Collie said...

So there's hope for us, then? We can prove Baptist women can do more than cook, pray for missionaries and keep the nursery.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home