05 July, 2006

Big Freakin' Duh, Or You Can Stuff The Vacuum

In "breaking news", people who snoop on other people for a living have discovered that chicks dig gadgets, too.

Maybe now society will stop treating me like some type of extra-chromosomal misfit for preferring a RAM upgrade to diamond earrings. Yes, I would rather have a video iPod than a mink coat. I've never understood jewelry, really. Sure, I would like a diamond and emerald claddagh ring for my 20th anniversary, but beyond that, I'm not too into any physical adornment that costs more than two movie tickets.

But put me in an Apple Store or a Best Buy or Circuit City and watch the wheels spin. I'm all about the gadgets. Diamonds or digital cameras? Guess which one. Rubies or Roombas? Ha! I'll take the futuristic robot, thanks. (This is the solitary instance where it is okay to give a vacuum as a present.)

Feminism is a grand thing, but I have to admit that I've always felt failed by the continued gender-norming of gifts. Not any more! The geek girls are coming out of the closet.

4 Comments:

At 4:03 AM, July 06, 2006, Blogger Newscoma said...

Yes we are.

 
At 6:06 AM, July 06, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6:08 AM, July 06, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

Don't mind me, I'm a moron who couldn't leave such a blatant grammatically error.

I meant to say Dysons are OK, too.

 
At 6:16 PM, July 06, 2006, Blogger melusina said...

I'm right with you on this one. I'd much rather spend money on such things I call fun stuff rather than diamonds or adornments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home