13 September, 2006

Lime Rickey

This is a post of various things, and I didn't know what to call it. So I called it Lime Rickey. I don't drink, but if I did I'd order Lime Rickeys because they sound like an obnoxious drink. And I wanted to say "Lime Rickey" without ordering one and this seemed as good a place as any.

1. Happy birthday to Patrick, the person who is most responsible for my having a blog in the first place. In a neat twist he and his brother were born on the same day...some years apart. Kinda cool.

2. Am I the only person who has no idea who they are gonna vote for in the Senate race? There is no Libertarian candidate (shocker!). I don't want to vote for Corker because I don't want to send the message that I'll support you if you happen to get an (R) behind your name, even if you are about as (R) as JFK. And while for awhile I was tempted to pull a lever for Bo Heyward, I'm having a hard time putting my name behind a guy who thinks that ACLUSux.com is a responsible link to have on the front of his campaign page. Granted, I'm not always a big fan of the things the ACLU does, but "ACLUSux.com" sounds like the adventures of a semiliterate reactionary 17-year old. What's next? Wrestling? Oh, and it goes without saying--or maybe not, since I'm saying it--that I will not vote for Ford. That's a really big tree he's fallen from, and while he's a green apple I'm betting we'd see more of that Ford Crunchy Goodness the longer we had the baby-boy Senator in office.

3. My other dog was sick for most of the night and I was up with him. Bad things come in clusters. That's why there were 10 plagues in the Old Testament, I think. Because one bad thing is a fluke, two bad things are a pain. Many bad things make you sit up and take notice.

4. We are having a community yard sale on Saturday. I will talk more about it later, but think about coming by. There will be all kinds of non-typical goodies for sale, including several Andersen Thomas Vintage Nashville posters, some DVDs and some computers.

4 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Kerry Woo said...

Kat,
I like the new hairdo on your blog. It's right purty and a real beaut too!

 
At 3:06 PM, September 13, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

If I were to order a drink right now it would be a Key LIME martini, yum!

On #2, no you're not the only one. I may just skip that category entirely.

 
At 8:41 PM, September 13, 2006, Blogger View From The Lake said...

Dang, you don't drink?

Hey,can you come out Saturday to play?

I want to talk to you about being on a panel of experts.

 
At 8:53 PM, September 13, 2006, Blogger View From The Lake said...

Dang...

I'm not drinkin. I clearly see you are busy Saturday. Dang.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home