21 September, 2006

More TVs Than People

A new study shows that the average home has more TVs than people. (No, Jason, they don't mean you.)

Speaking as a person who lives in a two-person house with 3 televisions allow me to just point out one thing, tangentially related to my earlier post.

A TV costs anywhere from $50 (used) to $100,000. Or whatever outlandish cost my dream projection full-wall thing is these days. Even the schmansiest vidtube on the market is a bargain when compared to cost of raising a child.

No, my basement TV doesn't replace the love of Eustace and Sissy. But it keeps me happily married and away from having to watch Dirty Jobs. So what if we have more TVs than people? TVs don't sass back--unless you watch The View--and they don't have to have braces, either.

4 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, September 21, 2006, Blogger Southern Girl said...

I guess we're average around here then -- three people and five TVs.

 
At 5:54 PM, September 21, 2006, Blogger Kathy T. said...

Hmmm... five of us and six TVs.

 
At 8:30 PM, September 21, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you can turn the TVs off and mute them and change the channel. You can't change a kid from "pissy attitude" to "sweet and adorable" with the click of a button!

We have three TVs to two people... but the one is only for when guests are here because it's in the guest room, so I don't think that should count. I think it should only be TVs that you watch regularly.

 
At 8:12 AM, September 22, 2006, Blogger dolphin said...

I guess we're strange: two TVs and two people, and we really don't watch them both at the same time anyways. I think the only reason we have two is to keep from having to carry one up and down stairs ;-).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home