02 November, 2006

Top 10 Things We've Learned From This Week's LOST

1. At least one of the creators is a huge fan of that one Bob Dylan video.

2. Benjamin Linus thinks all blond white women look alike.

3. Adewale put on a wee bit o' weight between seasons.

4. K-Co much prefers episodes WITHOUT Evangeline Lilly.

5. Jack is so hungry for a cheeseburger that he doesn't even stop to ask where the beef (or perhaps "beef") came from. Did he look under the sheet to make sure that was all of Colleen's body? I mean, those of us who've read Candide are much more cautious about the sudden appearance of fresh meat. Maybe they don't teach Voltaire in spine surgery school.

6. At least one of the creators is a huge fan of Les Miserables.

7. One of the characters on the beach must really be desperate for some lines. I refer specifically to the dude who yelled "It's hot!!" while pulling Eko's body from the burning hut.

8. The creators found some Latin guy who looks like he could be Sawyer's twin brother. I guess this is for all the women out there who like that Sawyer type of guy. (Note: I am not one of them. If I were to have a thing for any man on the island it would be Locke. But I don't, so no worries there, honey.)

9. Some dude with an eyepatch is stuck in some other hatch someplace. Oh goody. Now we can speculate for MONTHS about "eyepatch dude"'s origins and purpose, only to have the producers forget all about it while they cook up some other red herring. Does anyone remember the creepy psychic kid with the dog? Where's our closure on THAT storyline? Note to producers: putting the rapidly-maturing kid on a slow boat to civilisation with his annoying dad does NOT equal closure.

10. If any of us ever gets an acting gig on this show it is imperative that we NOT be arrested for any type of traffic violation whatsoever. Kissy Jobby Bye-Bye.

Special Bonus Round
After next week's Big Fall Finale they're taking LOST off the air until February 2007. Until then ABC expects to hold us enraptured. By remaking Groundhog Day as a thriller-type show called Daybreak. Given how I've watched a full "season" of LOST without anything happening, I don't know if I could tell the difference between LOST and another show where one day repeats itself endlessly. You know, I'm just sayin'...

7 Comments:

At 7:07 AM, November 02, 2006, Blogger Newscoma said...

I thought last night's episode was pretty good.
And I dug Mr. Eko (except when he was Adebesi on Oz.)
I like having more questions at the end of each episode.
And the smoke monster is unrelentless tossing Mr. Eko about.
I made the same Dylan reference at my blog. I liked that part too but I don't think Jack will break his hippocratic oath.
Or will he?

 
At 11:05 AM, November 02, 2006, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

In a rare crossover, the man with the eyepatch will turn out to be...

..wait for it..

Col Tigh!

We will soon discover the island is all a secret Cylon project on one of the resurrection ships.

Yeah, that's it.

And any episode without Kate loses points for me.

And this week's episode...dull, dull, dull.

 
At 1:23 PM, November 02, 2006, Blogger Newscoma said...

I don't know, I kinda liked it. But the Col. Tigh thing is brilliant, BOM.
The problem, IMHO, is that the series is setting up stuff, and sometimes setting up stuff is a bit tedious.
I just hope it gets us there.
And they have to establish those new characters.
Nothing will ever hold a candle to the pilot of the show though.
Nothing. I watch it every once in a while to relive how great it was.
I'm patient.

 
At 2:21 PM, November 02, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Nothing will ever hold a candle to the pilot of the show though.
Nothing.


Exactly. I feel like I've spent 2 1/2 years chasing the dragon on this show. That first hit was bliss. Nothing matches it since.

Why am I using an extended heroin metaphor? And why (before I backspaced) did I just spell that word "metifor"? I think Nyquil should only be taken at night.

And this week's episode...dull, dull, dull.

100% agreed. Why do I feel like your synopsis here was far more interesting than the actual twist?

I'm kind of worried, BOM. Are you switching sides? Are you close to admitting that Heroes kicks Lost's butt this year?!?

 
At 3:22 PM, November 02, 2006, Blogger dolphin said...

I think I've decided that Lost isn't actually going anywhere. They're simply making up nonsense as they go always trying to convince you that it IS actually going somewhere.

 
At 4:02 PM, November 02, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jo' Jo's Big Heroes sux. The writers aren't even clever thieves.

They just gon' get rid of all the brothers, aren't they? A make-up for Groundhog Day Break, perhaps? ;)

 
At 4:38 PM, November 02, 2006, Blogger Rob Robinson said...

BOM, you must be right about Colonel Tigh. At the very least, if you're wrong, the Lost patch guy should loan Tigh his patch for new BSG episodes. The gauze is getting old. I got it on New Caprica, but do they not have eye patches on Galactica?

I'm also in agreement with you about episodes with Evangeline Lilly. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home