22 February, 2007

A Momentous Day

Yesterday was one of those days. I wish they made more days like that, where the weather is so fresh and comfortable that it makes you feel optimistic about everything.

I wonder if anyone else out there suffers from the little brain/emotion hiccoughs that I get on a day like yesterday. Between the weather, decent outcomes from doctors' appointments and seeing some friends' day old baby boy I kept forgetting about my problems and was back at eighteen in the spring before college when everything was possible. Nice days do that for me, and I love it.

But the most important, nicest thing about yesterday was the fact that it was truly the first day of Spring. I had my first Cadbury Egg of the season.

6 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, February 22, 2007, Blogger Slartibartfast said...

"Between the weather, decent outcomes from doctors' appointments and seeing some friends' day old baby boy I kept forgetting about my problems and was back at eighteen in the spring before college when everything was possible."

Yep.

Days like that, I feel so much joy and peace overflowing in me, I feel like I will burst.

 
At 7:52 AM, February 22, 2007, Blogger Kathy T. said...

Yesterday was such a welcome relief! It sure went far in getting out of the winter funk.

 
At 10:41 AM, February 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed, ma'am.

Indeed.

I'm going to go bury my head in the daffodils at the side of our house this afternoon, I think. They've just opened up.

 
At 11:00 AM, February 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had my first Cadbury Egg of the season yesterday, too. And my second. And my third. And a package of Peeps. I hate myself. I do love spring, though.

 
At 12:18 PM, February 22, 2007, Blogger dolphin said...

I had my first Cadbury Egg of the season.

I haven't done that yet this year, but I'm anxious to. I'm glad they only sell Cadbury Eggs around Easter (though since when is February "around Easter"), because otherwise I'd be 400 pounds by now. I LOVE Cadbury Eggs and I'm not much of a candy person.

 
At 1:08 PM, February 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, Cadbury Eggs. It does a body good! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home