28 February, 2006

The Bible Tells Me(me) So...

As promised, I have decided to use today to start a Bible Meme. Although since as the Good Book itself says, there is nothing new under the sun, I imagine there is already one floating around out there somewhere. Oh well. This is mine. For the record, I'm referencing the Christian Protestant (sans Apocrypha) Bible, but feel free to do otherwise.

1. Who is your favourite Biblical personage, other than Jesus?

For me that would have to be Peter. I appreciate the fact that he's headstrong, stubborn, loyal, faithful and full of self-doubt--all at the same time. Let's just say I relate to him.

2. What is your favourite book of the Old Testament?

Probably Exodus. There's so much humanity in that book. I also constantly learn from the way Moses and the Israelites react to the provisions of God.

3. What is your least favourite book of the Old Testament?

That'd have to be 2 Kings. As a child I was struck by the gruesomeness of the cannabilism. As an adult I get frustrated by the litany of kings and their failures.

4. What is your favourite non- gospel book of the New Testament?

This is hard for me, because each of the books has real significance to me. I'd have to say that it's probably a tie between Hebrews and 1 Peter. Both strongly emphasise faith and grace in the real world.

5. What is your life verse?

1 Peter 1:6-8

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have suffered grief in all kinds of trials.

These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy.

6. Tag 5 people who might want to play

John C.; Malia; Big Orange Michael; TV On The Fritz; Lacy

Of course anyone else who wants to join in, feel free!

6 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger John said...

Done, and thanks for thinking of me!

 
At 2:42 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Mine are all done!

 
At 4:02 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

I'll get mine up later on, maybe tomorrow...have to leave soon to get the kiddos hair cut and then it's dinner at Chick-fil-a...gotta love family night with 99 cent kid's meals! Then baths and cleaning the kitchen and folding the laundry and oh yeah, Boston Legal is on tonight...why do I have to clean the kitchen even though we are eating out tonight you ask? Honestly, you really don't want to know :-)

 
At 7:34 PM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

ok, mine's up now

 
At 7:51 AM, March 01, 2006, Blogger Michael Hickerson said...

Malia--no I think we do want to know why you have to clean the kitchen. You can't bring that up and then not give us backstory....

 
At 11:34 AM, March 01, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

It's because I'm lazy and I'm on the computer too much. The kitchen had been neglected for a couple of days...*ouch* that was hard to admit!

It's much better now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home