24 March, 2006

The Shuffle Play Meme

I stole this from Connie Lane.

It looks fun, so I'm doing it.

The rules: Put your iTunes on shuffle. Ask a question and use the song title for an answer. No cheating.

How Does The World See Me?


Will I have a happy life?
Boadicea (Enya).
Given that this is a song about a warrior queen who led valiant but ultimately unsuccessful battles and whose people all died out, I'll guess that this would be "no".

3. What do my friends really think of me?
So Many People (Mandy Patinkin Experiment)
So many people in the world laugh at what they don't know...So many people in the world don't know what they've missed. They'd never believe such joy could exist. My friends think I'm spectacular, but wierd. Sounds right.

4. Do people secretly lust after me?
The Impossible Dream (Man of La Mancha)
To march into hell for a heavenly cause...yep. Sounds like the fate of my lovers, both real and imaginary.

5. How can I make myself happy?
American Pie (Don McClean)
Like in the movie? Cause I'm just not seeing that working for me.

6. What should I do with my life?
Lawyers, Guns and Money (Warren Zevon)
What is with the world today? For the last time, fates, family and such-- I AM NOT GOING TO LAW SCHOOL.

7. Will I ever have children?
Blue Christmas (Elvis)
One could easily interpret this as a "no", since I do have Blue Christmases just thinking about "you" [my unborn children]. Yet I've spent some Christmases with some children who've made me blue, so this could go either way.

8. What is some good advice for me?
I Let A Song Go Out Of My Heart (Duke Ellington)
Since I can't lift a tune with a lever, I think Duke and Co. are telling me to let songs go out of my heart instead of my voice. Even from the grave Duke is like that kid who sits in the pew in front of me and turns around to stare malevolently during the hymns. Thanks for that, Ellington.

9. How will I be remembered?
No Sign Of Rain (Michelle Shocked)
The only thing I can figure out about this song is that she talks about calling from a truck stop on the interstate to say "howdy, y'all". So maybe I'll just be haunting my loved ones via telephone.

10. What is my signature dancing song?
The Mystery (Van Morrison)
You've got to open up your arms to the sun. You know you've got so many charms, it's just begun.
I guess in my case it's more of an instructional piece, as opposed to a utilitarian groove.

11. What do I think my current theme song is?
Bertha (The Grateful Dead)
Test me, Test me
Sounds about right. And I do feel lately as though I've run into a tree.

12. What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
Who's That Girl? (The Eurythmics)
Sorry, Madonna. I guess you and I are twinstwinstwins. Must be the phony British thing we both do. At least I only do it in spelling. God help us all if I ever start saying "Shedjewel" and "Mow-bial".

13. What song will play at my funeral?
Lord Of The Backstage (Marillion)
Ha! This is fantastic. I ought to have them play it just because it's so perfect.
A Lord of the backstage. A creature of language. I'm so far out and I'm too far in.

14. What type of men/women do you like?
God Gave Rock and Roll To You (Petra)
Maybe, if we take the old-fashioned meaning of "rock and roll" as synonymous for slap and tickle/hide the sausage, this is affirmation that God gave sex to me and that...I don't know. That I like Christian men? I guess so. Whatever. I'm reaching to make this one work.

15. What is my day going to be like?
Private Dancer (Tina Turner)
Not sure how to take this. Will I spend my evening whoring? Scary thought, that. Besides, who would pay to "march into hell for a heavenly cause" anyway?

1 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, March 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. I Just Wasn't Made For These Times (Beach Boys)
2. Am I The Only One Who Has Ever Felt This Way (Maria McKee)
3. Every Time It Rains (Randy Newman)
4. Sweet Leilani (Chris Isaak)
5. Indoor Fireworks (Elvis Costello)
6. Live and Let Die (Paul McCarney & Wings)
7. Just a Gigolo-I Ain't Got Nobody (Louis Prima)
8. Murder or a Heart Attack (Old 97's)
9. I Get A Thrill (The Honeydrippers)
10. The Irish Rover (Shane McGowan)
11. Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out (Derek and The Dominos)
12. Ain't That A Kick In The Head (Dean Martin)
13. AC-Cent-Tchu-Ate The Positive (Dr. John)
14. All Shook Up (Paul McCartney)
15. I Wonder (Chris Isaak)

My iPod is just a damn laff riot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home