05 May, 2006

My External Content Is A Problem

So, I'm not supposed to touch the externals, because it violates my terms and conditions. But the keep talking about things I really want. Seeing as how they are programmed to talk about what I talk about, that stands to reason. (Am I being cryptic enough?)

So, yeah, I want my own Coke machine. How COOL would that be? I mean, sure, I can get a Coke out of the fridge any time I like. But how much more stellar grooviness would it be to have a COKE MACHINE?!? Of course, they're all "if you have to ask you can't afford it." Bummer. If I'm ever a millionaire, I'm buying one. Then again, if I keep spending money on dorky stuff, I'll never be a millionaire.

So last night I figured out how to put external content from a well-known internet retailer on this site. I did it for the dumbest of reasons. Not to make money but because I like all the pretty pictures. I was at Cake Fun yesterday afternoon and they had some listings that were great. So I went ahead and copied them. Only trouble is that I'm the cheese-maniac genius who decided to make the top copy all about gourmet cheese. I can't even open my own blog without going crosseyed with cheese lust. How sad is that? I wonder if I can buy products through my own external links? Hmmm

2 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, May 05, 2006, Blogger Amy said...

I don't understand, why can't you talk directly about it?

 
At 2:49 PM, May 05, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

Because the terms and conditions are that you can't draw attention to them unfairly.

You can't say "Look over there at my **** for cars! Please c---k on it so my site can e--n m0000y"

So, I'm erring on the side of caution.

Then again, I'm the dork who put the A--z--n ones up because I liked the pretty pictures of books and cheese.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home