31 May, 2006

Wait By The River Long Enough

When I was a kid there was a house in the neighborhood that all the other kids whispered about. Especially the older kids. No one was quite sure why. Sometimes it was because a crazy old lady lived there and wanted us to stay off her lawn. Other times it was because the people who lived there were in a cult. (It was the 70s. "Cults" were the bogeymen.) We moved from that subdivision when I was 16, but every Christmas we still drive by my old house.

Today, twenty years after the fact, I finally found out why everyone was so scared of that house. Since I was actually a) a baby and b)in the hospital I had no recollection of the actual events. But apparently some dude shot his family there.

I can NOT believe it's actually creepier than the stupid reasons we had come up with. I mean, dudes, it's like our own Amityville Horror house, right around the block. And here we were afraid of some mythical "keep of my lawn" lady.

3 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, May 31, 2006, Blogger Malia said...

Creepy.

 
At 1:17 PM, May 31, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that CBS show last night. That was some Silence of the Lambs crap.

 
At 3:43 PM, May 31, 2006, Blogger Sonia said...

That is weird...spooky man. Sometimes truth is scarier than fiction :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home