14 September, 2006

You Know What Just Occured To Me?

I have no idea why I'm so into Disney World. This is the time of year when I get a bad craving for a trip down to Orlando. We've gone the past two years around this time, but decided to take a break this year. Sick me, sick dog and hospital bills are precluding our annual trip. I don't mind, really, because I feel so very adult. Grown-ups prioritise.

But I'm still vastly homesick for Disney World. And that means I was looking through some of the best Disney World pictures on the web and was struck by something. All of my favourite rides are essentially dioramas. Granted, they're big ol' fancy dioramas with sparkly bits and cheery music. But they are still, when you get right down to it, the same thing I made for my 3rd grade class about Little House In The Big Woods. What does it say about me that I'll gladly give thousands of dollars to visit Dioramarama?

2 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, September 14, 2006, Blogger Sharon Cobb said...

Nice story. Always well written.
And nothing wrong with wanting something that makes you happy!

BTW, off topic, I know your emails used to get messed up. I sent you two. I figure you didn't get them or you would have replied. Is there another email address I should use?

Also, love the new look over here!

 
At 9:00 AM, September 14, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

The new look is someone else's entirely. But it's really growing on me. I think it's very easy to read.

I got your emails. I thought I responded. Maybe I only responded in my head. That's been known to happen.

I'll double check.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home