04 June, 2006

Save Me. Please

My brother and his partner Chad are visiting. I want to know what they want to do. Their suggestion? The Nash Trash tour.

I try to not use profanity on this blog. So excuse me, those of you who'd rather I keep it rated "PG" but

HELL NO.

I am not shelling out $30 to see this thing. I don't care which washed up third chair banjo picker from Hee-Haw bracked his dinner outside Printer's Alley. If there were a number to quantify the complete amount of disinterest I have in this, it would make mathematic history for its largeness.

I would rather be in a consensual relationship with that short kid from Married With Children than to sit on this pink bus with a bunch of drunk-off-their-nut tourists who wanna know all the dirt on Tootsie's Orchid Lounge. Not only are the drunk tourists bad enough, but I'm afraid Tom will go all Priscilla on us and have the whole bus singing "Mamma Mia!" which should be a crime because that is, frankly, one of ABBA's weaker tunes. I don't mind spontaneous renditions of ABBA. In fact, I frankly enjoy them. But you darn well better start OFF with "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!" after which you must sing either "Take A Chance On Me" (the Erasure version is better) or "Knowing Me, Knowing You." "Waterloo" is okay, but "Fernando" and "Dancing Queen" are both in the dirt-nap category. If you really love me, you'll know all the words to Benny & Bjorn's "Nobody's Side". That song is such the best breakup song in the WORLD.

Sorry. Got off on a tangent there. Have I mentioned that I love Disco? Anyway...

I still need a place to take these guys. That doesn't involve busloads of out of town drunks.

6 Comments:

At 12:08 AM, June 05, 2006, Blogger Pen Ultimate said...

I think "hell" is a PG word, no? ;)

How's my favorite contrarian right-leaning local lady?
.

 
At 7:24 AM, June 05, 2006, Blogger Aunt B said...

I'm sorry. There's going to be a NashTrash tour including your brother and his partner singing ABBA?

Even if they sing the worst ABBA songs in the world, how is that not the greatest way to spend an afternoon ever?!

Shoot, that sounds like good fun! And you can take them down to the Hall of Fame and let them get their picture taken with the General Lee.

 
At 8:55 AM, June 05, 2006, Blogger Kat Coble said...

JP--Yeah, "hell" is a PG word, but you know. I would have said my blog is "G" rated, but I believe I discuss adult-ish things from time to time.

I'm well. Thanks for asking. Sounds like things may be looking up for you, too.

B--Tom, Chad and I can sing all the ABBA we want to in Tom's car for the price of gas. $30 is too rich for my blood. Especially for 90 minutes.

 
At 1:18 PM, June 05, 2006, Blogger P. K. Nail said...

Never make a promise or plan.
Take a little love where you can.
Nobody's on nobody's side!


*loves Chess like little else*

 
At 2:36 PM, June 06, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katherine I think you are making a big mistake here. Nash Trash is a rolling comedy show that anybody who has any relationship with Nashville would enjoy. I could count a half a dozen locals who care nothing for country music who've report they've never laughed so hard in their life.

 
At 11:05 PM, June 08, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

These ladies volunteered their time for a fundraiser for soldiers families at Ft. Campbell. They were so funny. Even made the General blush. But, they were funny and made the evening a big hit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home