25 September, 2006

My Email From Howard Dean

Ol' Howard periodically sends me emails. I guess that's because I'm on the Democratic Party's email list. They usually involve Howard's desire for me to give the Democrats money. This I do not do. I'm not crazy. Political ads drive me nuts. If I were to give scratch to either major party it would be somewhat like paying somebody to hit me about the face and neck. Besides, if I were to give money to a major political party, it would probably not be Howard's. Yet I find his emails interesting. Like today's.

The most interesting part?

You know that Democrats have a real plan for destroying Osama bin Laden and al Qaeda, fixing the mess in Iraq, and really securing us at home.


They do? Really? Pray tell, Howard, what is it? Because, frankly, I think most of us would like to hear such a plan. These things you mention--destroying al Qaeda, cleaning up Iraq and keeping the homeland secure--are the fondest wish of most of us out here. Or so I've been told by everyone I talk to.

This is why I continue to be frustrated by Two Party Politics. Howard claims to have a plan for Making Everything Okay Again. Will he share his plan with the rest of us? Ha! Like a TV preacher bent on building an amusement park, Howard holds out on us. If only we Send Money Now, Howard promises to use the overflowing coffers of the Democratic Party to defeat the Empire and re-establlish the Jedi Order get the Republicans out of office. Presumably once Howard's team are in office they will then reveal to us their Master Plan For Making Everything Okay Again.

Right. Because solving our problems is a party thing, not a nation thing.

I want real ideas, not the promise of ideas to be revealed later.

I want real solutions, not the rumours of solutions that could be.

2 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, September 25, 2006, Blogger Jeffrey said...

I don't know about you, Kat, but I'm for re-establishing the Jedi Order. In fact, my home made light saber and force manipulating skills are just a focused thought away...

 
At 3:06 PM, September 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Katherine!

I saw how wet Brittney at NashvilleIsTalking was about S_TownMikes call to Senator Frist, demanding the release of some info. So, I thought, let's give it a try. Called the DNC and asked for a copy of their "Plan". Got routed around to a couple of different places but no one seemed to be able to put their hands on the PLAN. Hmmmm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home